10 Helpful Hints In Choosing A Roofing Contractor
Choosing the right roofing contractor is important. You can save yourself a lot of aggravation and stress if you have a consistent way of grading your contractor’s bids. We have created 10 helpful hints to follow when you choose your roofing contractor.
- Make sure your contractor has a C-39 Roofing License.
- Verify General Liability Insurance to protect your home and neighbors.
- Verify current Workman’s Compensation and ask to see a copy to protect against employee injury lawsuits. If this insurance is not present, that could be one reason a bid is considerably lower than another.
- Make sure the contractor is bonded.
- Make sure roofer is certified to install your roof. Call the manufacturer of the material and inquire about the contractor.
- Ask to see a list of references. If reputable, they should have these on file & be able to produce them immediately.
- To ensure timely installation, make sure your job is properly scheduled.
- Make sure contracts are legal and clearly state your rights as well as the contractors.
- They should specify materials, length of warranty and what it covers.
- Upon Final payment, you should receive material and labor warranties, plus make sure your roofer offers you a material and lien release.